Splice Kits & Rubber Compounding
Strongest Splice, Longest Life
Fenner Conveyors manufacture and supply a variety of Steel Cord and Fabric Ply conveyor belt splice kits, tailored to specific belting applications and operating environments. We hold a constant supply of our most utilised Fenner Dunlop Conveyor Belting compounds for heavy-duty mining, including UltraTuff, TuffAs and PowerSaver.
Each kit is manufactured using raw materials and our proprietary compounds, with production and packaging from the one facility. Quality control is ensured through every stage of the manufacturing and supply process with our reporting exceeding industry standards.
Splice kits are available through our national network of service centres.
All the materials and equipment you need in one convenient kit
Fenner deliver splicing kits for steel cord and textile reinforced belts. Components are individually wrapped and packed in timber crates to environmentally secure their contents. All kits are clearly labelled for delivery and identification purposes.
- All skim/filler gum rubber and cover rubber or PVC paste, with rubber materials cut to size, ensuring ease of use and minimal wastage;
- All solutions and solvents ready for application, including paint brushes in fabric kits - hazardous substances externally marked for safety;
- All rubber components are lab tested and cut to size for optimum shelf and service life;
- A contents list and copies of all chemical material safety data sheets;
- Release fabric and protective plastic cut to size and ready for easy application; and
- Two pairs of chemical resistant gloves and paint brushes are included in fabric kits and available on request in steel cord kits.
Our Team can purpose design and manufacture a kit for you in just seven days.
Don’t want the hassle of splicing the belt yourself?
Let our team of fully approved and experienced technicians do the splicing for you.
Get the best life out of your splice with Fenner’s range of splicing materials
The belt splice is the weakest point in an operating conveyor belt. So the integrity of the splice is critical to minimising the risk of downtime. A strong belt splice relies on two equally important factors - the skill of the operator, and the quality of the splicing materials being used.
As a leading belt manufacturer and belt splicing business, Fenner develops splicing materials for the Australian market that are tried and tested globally.
In order to maximise belt life and maximum splice adhesion, Fenner develops uncured cover rubber that is consistent with the existing belt cover properties. Our uncured inter-ply or skim rubber is designed for use on the 'steps' of the splice to rebuild the belt carcass to provide maximum adhesion in a cured splice.
Fenner cements and adhesives are proven to consistently return amongst the highest adhesion levels on hot splicing.
- Skim Rubber
- Cover Rubber
- Rubber Solution
- Cold Repair Materials – cement, activator, primers and solvents