Conveying materials that contain oil, fat and grease can have a detrimental effect on the performance and life cycle of a conveyor belt. These materials penetrate the rubber causing it to swell and distort, resulting in premature failure.
Oil resistance can be divided into three sources – mineral, vegetable and animal oils.
Despite these different characteristics, most manufacturers product a limited range of oil resistant cover compounds that provide the best protection for your specific needs. In order to minimise the swelling and distortion caused by oil, we apply stringent Australian Standard test methods.
- Superior oil resistance with some heat resistance.
- Ideal for medium-duty applications.
- Recommended for use in applications involving heavy exposure to armoatic hydrocarbons such as petroleum based oil coke, benzol, and tolene.
- Temperature resistance up to 125°C for fines, and 140°C for coarse lumps.
- Moderate resistance to materials containing high concentrations of fats and oils.
- Great for specialised services – wood chip & forestry, waste disposal and lightly oil-treated materials.
- Moderate oil resistance with a temperature range of 30°C to 80°C.
- Fire-retardant and anti-static properties.
- Meets Australian Standards for static conductivity.